Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What A Fool Believes

It’s 8:52 PM, New Years Eve and my night so far has consisted of 2 scotch rocks, a bottle of Vittel, some mushy, but oddly flavorsome curry and the Classic Doobie Brother’s tune “What A Fool Believes” blaring in my ears.

God, what a miserable song. Is this what the Dutch consider classic rock?

On a bright note, these business class seats aren’t too bad.

KLM Flight 602 departed LAX at 5:30 pm en route to Amsterdam. I’ll have a hopefully-restfull-but-probably-not 24 hour layover in Amsterdam and then another 10 hour flight to South Africa to visit my Peace Corps volunteer extraordinaire Mom.

It’s a rough thing leaving a rockin wife and baby. I’ve worked my whole life trying to convince girls to kiss me and now I’m leaving two! But I suspect the shear shock and awe of my upcoming experience coupled with my recently enriched SkypOut calling account will help me pass the two weeks away relatively unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment