Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Clothing Donation

Melissa and I have generous friends and neighbors. In less than a week, we were able to cram the largest duffel bag REI sells with about 70 lbs of donated baby and children’s clothes to donate directly to needy families in the township where my mom works.

It was a long, tortuous (especially on my shoulders and neck) process, but I finally had the opportunity to share our friends’ generosity today.

We asked Delisile, one of the community leaders my mother works with, to identify and gather some of the neediest families in the township to pick through the donated goods and it appears that every item compressed into the bag will be put to immediate use. I only wish I knew a way to ship more items without the ridiculous shipping fees the USPS charges…

No comments:

Post a Comment